Saturday, February 9, 2008

Countdown is on!

So, in less than 2 weeks (knock on wood) baby #3 will be here. We decided (largely because we don't have maternity insurance), not to find out what we are having this time around. I can't believe how okay with that I've been. However, it makes it that much harder to try to come up with and narrow down names. We have one girl name we like, which probably means it's a boy but we'll see!
Mom will be here next Thursday, Valentine's Day! Yippee! How did Avery put it... "We all enjoy her!" What a funny girl!
In the meantime the kids and I are spending a lot of time with my feet up watching "yos" as Mason calls them. Including but not limited to, Super Why, Clifford, and an old classic, Sesame Street. We've also been reading a bunch and yesterday Avery and I shared a "no fun" game of tag where she hid and I called out different locations where she might be hiding. When I guessed right she'd answer then I'd start counting again. It didn't last long but seriously, I'm 9 months pregnant and a game of chase does not qualify as "resting" in my book!
Yesterday we closed on our refinance. Awesome rate! Anyway, our bank is right next to a Jersey Mike's (fabulous sandwiches!) So we met Ryan for lunch before closing. He'd also been home for lunch the day before so Avery wanted to know if "this is what we do now? With Dad's new job, have lunch together?" We're so excited for him! Right now he's so busy, which is a good thing, but I think we'll really enjoy the flexibility!
This is getting long so I will close (and inspired by Sesame Street...)
This post has been brought to you by the Letter D and the Number 34!
Ha ha.

6 comments:

C. Leah said...

Yahoo-how exciting! I can't believe that you'll have baby number 3 now! That's funny about you playing hide and seek sitting down with Avery. Whenever I feel lazy or tired, I make Caleb hide and then he tells me where he was hiding...I'm horrible I know. :) hahaha
It was so great to talk with you the other day-although I still feel bad about taking up your outside playtime with the kids. I hope you got to play some! TTYL

Unknown said...

Hey Carmen,
We still had plenty of time at the park! Too bad ya'll couldn't have met us!

C. Leah said...

Yeah, I know I was thinking the same thing. One day when we come up there, we will again! :)

andrea said...

TWO WEEKS? Oh my gosh. Good luck, Destinee!

Corey, Kim, Natalie and Audrey said...

I've had so much fun getting caught up on your life through your blog. What awesome, artful pictures. You're so talented. I was laughing so hard reading about Avery's career plans, the appraiser incident and Ryan's Halloween costume...cloudy with a chance of rain...I love it. I'm the rare person that is not too fond of that spooky holiday and that annoying costume is right up my alley! I may have to do that one year! Take care of yourself this week...I'll be thinking of you!

ALECIA said...

Carolina First on Merrimon Ave right.....how funny....I'm down well up the road towards town @ 344 Merrimon (Math Insurance. Honk the horn next time you drive down Merrimon I'll wave!!!!!
Baby pictures look to sweet!!!! Hope all is well!!

Love ya!!!