Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tagged!

So I saw on Leslie's blog that I've been tagged and thought it would be fun to play. There's probably more info then you ever cared to know. I seriously wrote a novel.

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C. At the end of the post the player then tags 5 other people and posts their names and leaves a message on their blog letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog to get directions.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? I was living in Twin Falls, ID. attending College of Southern Idaho. (Where I met my wonderful friend, Julie and her family, who would later become my in-laws!)

2. 5 things on my to do list
1. De-clutter our living room/office
2. help Avery find her bedroom floor
3. Pick up a swaddler blanket for Brittain
4. Mop- at least the kitchen
5. Find a dresser for Mason and Brittain's room

3. What snacks do I enjoy?
I love chips with salsa and/or guacamole. I could seriously eat that all day long. (Especially Maggie's or Jen's salsa! Yummy!) And I've had to take a break from making Cassity's choc. chip cookies because I'll eat those until they're gone! Ooh- and E.L. Fudge cookies. I also love fruit- especially fresh pineapple. Now I'm starting to drool! (I totally skipped ahead to this question cause it was so easy to answer. How sad is that?)

4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire? Pay my tithing, then...I would buy a new house, and bedroom furniture. I would go to photography conferences and workshops and buy more gear. Travel. Let Ryan retire. Share with my family and friends. Help families in need and put some away for a rainy day.

5. 3 bad habits:
1. I jump to conclusions way too quickly.
2. I'm really forgetful. If I don't write it down I'll never remember. (I hope that is from lack of sleep and that some day my brain will work again!)
3. I cannot stand listening to people chew. If it's quiet and I'm not eating too I sometimes have to leave the room. It bugs me to even think about it. I need to be more tolerant.

6. Six places I have lived:
1. Idaho Falls, Idaho
2. Juneau, Alaska (for 2 summers)
3. Twin Falls and Boise, Idaho
4. Salt Lake City, Utah
5. Jackson, Wyoming
6. Asheville, North Carolina

7. 5 Jobs I've had
1. Scotty's Drive-in (It was an old fashioned burger and milkshakes joint I worked at in high school. Seriously a fun job!)
2. Hastings, Books, Music, and Video store. I worked on the sales floor first then I had a chance to work in stocking. Loved that! I got to work in the backroom w/ my music and soda- in jeans. Perfect!
3. Portrait Photographer @ Sears in IF, Boise, then SLC I managed a studio. 4. Worked at a bank as a teller, customer service rep, then in the Real Estate department.
5. My favorite, but most demanding, being a Mom. (And doing portrait photography again, on the side!)

8. 5 things people don't know about me:
1.I can be very OCD (although you wouldn't know it judging by my house!) When I load the dishwasher I put all the forks, facing up in one compartment. Big Spoons, little spoons, knives, baby silverware all face down in their own compartment. It doesn't really take extra time to load but makes the unloading much faster. I've been known to rearrange if someone else has loaded it. (Which isn't often :P ) Totally annoying.
2. I can listen to the same CD (song) over and over and over. Currently it's Lewis- Failed to Feel.
3. I love to read.
4. I really want to learn how to play the guitar. I've taken a couple of classes but I don't practice enough and I forget everything I've learned.
5. I LOVE to eat. Oh, wait. Five things people don't know about me...
I love soccer and used to play on traveling soccer teams. This may surprise people who know me now because I can barely make it up the driveway to the mailbox w/out being out of breath. Pathetic. I joined an indoor soccer team a couple of years ago but after the 1st game found out I was prego w/ Mason. That was the best news/timing ever cause I honestly thought I might die if I had to finish out the season!

I tag: Kim, Andrea, Carmen, Julie, Heather. Can I tag 7? I want to see Crystal and Jenny's replies too! (I've never been good at following directions!)

4 comments:

C. Leah said...

I did it!! :)

andrea said...

How fun to read, Destinee. I must say your to-do-list is much more ambitious than mine. I'll post in the next couple of days sometime.

janet said...

not good at following directions huh??? who would have thought!!

Jenny G said...

This was very fun to read. I totally need a shake from Scotty's now! Yum. I'm not even an ice cream person...love the side effects of being pregnant! I'll get my post up soon.