Friday, August 15, 2008

It's official...

I am the mother of a Kindergartener. Hard to believe that 5 years have passed since Avery came to our family. The time has flown by but it's also hard to remember a time without her. She was so super excited for school to start. She jumped right out of bed and got ready to go. She did not stop talking from our house to the school. Her teacher is Mrs. Langefeld (that's who I was hoping for) and she seems really great. I got a long hug from Avery and a concerned look but then Mrs. Langefeld took her hand and off she went. No tears from either of us. (Although at one point my eyes welled up a little bit.) Later I took Mason and Brittain to storytime at the library then I really started to miss Avery because we've done that almost every week. Mason kept asking where Avery was going. When we went to pick her up she was all smiles and she loved her first day. Although she can't remember anything they did. She did say they did no math. She can't wait to go back on Monday. I'm less excited about having to be somewhere by 7:50 a.m. five days out of the week.

4 comments:

C. Leah said...

I'm so glad to hear she is liking Kindergarten...And that she is doing so well!
I'm afraid I will be a basket-case when Caleb starts and he will only be going 2 days a week! :(
And I love that shirt Avery is wearing, it's so cute!

On another note, I hope you guys didn't get home too late the other night, I was worried about ya'll. :) It was SO nice to see you again though, and you guys should totally come see us one weekend for a visit! ;)

Jenny G said...

What a cute little girl! I can't believe you have one in kindergarten either...I can't believe we have kids at all. Seems like only yesterday we were walking home from school to jump on your trampoline and fry ourselves :)

Gallup Family said...

I hear you on the early mornings, Dest. I am so lucky that school starts at the same time Jared has to be to work, so he just drops Sarah off on his way. So I just have to take care of the afternoons. Sarah was so excited to hear that Avery was going to school too. Hope she enjoys the whole year!

andrea said...

Oh my gosh. Avery looks SOOO grown up! I'm so glad that K is off to a good start. And YAY for getting the teacher than you wanted.

We still have another week of freedom before B's back to the grind.