Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring Spinach Salad (especially for Cass)

Okay, this is soooo yummy! And my friend Cass (seriously, check out her blog. She is a genius at creating and reinventing!!)asked for this recipe a hundred years ago but I've been swamped and email and blogging have been on the back burner. And now I'm replying to her email via blog. Is that lame?! (I'm totally going to email you back. Soon. Love ya!)

This is from Taste of Homes

1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 to 3 tbsp. cider or white vinegar
2 to 3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
10 c. torn spinach
2 c. sliced fresh strawberries
1 c. chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 c. chopped Vidalia or sweet onion

In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Just before serving combine spinach, strawberries, pecans, and onion in a large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat.

3 comments:

Remodelaholic said...

YEAH! I Love this recipe! I cannot wait to eat it!

Thank you for posting. (you might have to make it and take some awesome pictures with your mad skills!)

Anonymous said...

I tried it and it was really good... Yummmmmmyyyyy

Carol at WRESA said...

It was so good at your party and we all love you, Birthday Girl!