Wednesday, August 19, 2009

3 and counting...

I'm quickly remembering that age three is not a favorite of mine. So much harder than two. It's the age when naps no longer make a regular appearance whether needed or not. (And believe me, they are needed!) The age where indecision and independence collide.

But it's not all bad. I still get glimpses of my favorite little guy. And he slows down enough for a cuddle now and then.


We celebrated Mason's birthday first with the Blau side and the next week at my parents. My grandparents came over as well so I told Mason to tell them how old he was. "I'm four," he answered confidently. I reminded him he was actually only three. "We just had your birthday, remember you turned three?"

His response, "But, I've already been that." He figured he turned 3 the week before, it only made sense that now, since he was celebrating again, he must be 4.

I can't imagine my life without you in it, Mason. One of your favorite things to do is make people laugh and you are very successful at that. You are a such a sweet brother. I love you like crazy little man!

Quick story:

For months Mason would say his prayers and pray for Jesus to come to our house. One day we'd pulled into the church parking lot and I was talking to him about which friends he might see in nursery... Van, Jared, Lily. He interrupted, "And Jesus." The conversation took a turn when he said, "Look, see his car!" I looked to where he was pointing and saw Brother Jevne, with his brown hair falling below his ears, step out of his car. It was so sweet and funny at the same time.

6 comments:

InkMom said...

the twins think that since they're in the three-year-old class in Primary (Sunbeams) they are still three. G-Dog and I have regular arguments about it. He hasn't yet figured out that it's waaaaay cooler to be the older kid.

Marsha said...

Funny, cause Ruby says she is 4 too. What is Sister Jones teaching them? Happy 3rd Mason.

Kris said...

Porter has been telling people for the past 6 months that he is 5. I'm not sure if it's cuz it's easier to hold up that many fingers or cuz his sister was five and just turned 6. I couldn't agree with you more about how much worse the 3 year olds are. I am losing my mind! THat story about Jesus is just too cute. Little kids are the best.

Carrie said...

I have to admit I thought from your posts title that you were going to announce that another was on the way! Happy 3rd Mason! I totally agree that 3 is harder...The terrible 2's have nothing on 3!

Jenny P. said...

This post made me smile. He is so stinkin cute. And I miss you.

And Carrie, O totally thought the same thing. 3 kids... and counting!

andrea said...

He's successful at make me laugh from across the state! Thanks for the fun post. Happy birthday, Mason!