Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Simple Wish

My three year old son wants a Nutcracker for Christmas. I have no idea why. He asked for a Nutcracker for his birthday actually but they are a little hard to find. In July! I thought surely he'd forget about it and move on to more, uhh, exciting things, but every time I ask him what he wants his face lights up and he replies, "a Nutcracker. And some candy."
So Santa, if you're reading this...

(I sure hope he's not disappointed. Because really, what can you do with a nutcracker? It's hard to find one these days that actually cracks nuts.)

In other news, we got dumped on yesterday. 11 inches of snow. (It's been 16 years since they've seen that much snow in these parts.) Crazy!
Avery and Mason loved it. Brittain stood in the driveway crying, "scary, scary." And while it's fun for a day or two, it is definitely not something I miss from back home!

7 comments:

Gallup Family said...

Send that snow this way! It's all dried up here and it's suppose to rain!!! I want a White Christmas! As for the Nutcracker...I sure do wonder about kids wishes sometimes :) Hopefully he gets/enjoys his nutcracker!

Melissa said...

I wish Cloey wanted something like a nutcracker. She "just" wants a motorcycle (for the 2nd year in a row). I'm so jealous about the white Christmas ya'll are going to have. I LOVE that picture of Mason, his eyes look so beautiful! Congrats on another beautiful Blau girl!

C. Leah said...

Too funny! Oddly enough, Jakey has a thing for nutcrackers right now too! He hasn't asked for one, but points them out everywhere he sees them! ;)

I am so envious of the snow too! That figures, we leave the country and a storm comes thru. Also, on Friday when it snowed, it was Caleb's birthday--and it was snowing pretty bad (not as bad as this time) when he was born 6 years ago. A little history repeated! Miss you guys!!

Stephanie said...

Some of the things that kids come up with is just mindboggling. Oh well!

I missed your previous post. Congrats on another girl! I'm totally partial to the girls being the only girl with two brothers, but I guess we'll see how I feel once the teenage years hit, right?

Carrie said...

I love the picture of Mason! I am so jealous of the snow you all got...We got rain down here in Charlotte. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Jennie Ruth said...

Mason is not alone. Andy is obsessed with Nutcrackers. He followed a lady in Target the other day simply because she was carrying a Nutcracker. Boys are so weird. Wonderful, but weird.
Merry Christmas!

rad6 said...

wow great picture. What camera are using??? Really I would love to know.
I am in the market for a camera.